cxf-users mailing list archives

From "MULLER, Anthony" <anthony.mul...@sap.com>
Subject CXF 3.1 + Tomcat 8 + JAR-RS + Atmosphere + WebSocket
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2016 15:26:23 GMT
Hello CXF Experts, Sergey, Aki,

I have some issues to implement a simple test using WebSocket with CXF 3.1.7, in a Tomcat
8 Servlet container.

To make troubleshooting easier, I shared my demo project (based on the official CXF samples
written by Aki):
https://github.com/AnthonyMullerPlayground/cxf31_websocket

The webapp context is "cxf31_websocket" and it contains a simple RESTful service running under
"/services/users" path.

The project also contains a basic index.html webpage to test the websocket.

CXF is bootstrapped using: org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.CXFServlet

Spring is used to and configured this way with a "beans.xml" file:

 <jaxrs:server id="websocketService" address="/" transportId="http://cxf.apache.org/transports/websocket"
/>
<context:component-scan base-package="com.sap.businessobjects.amuller"/>

When I check the websocket using Chrome, the following error is displayed in the Network panel
of the developer tools:

Request headers:
GET ws://localhost:8080/cxf31_websocket/services HTTP/1.1
Host: localhost:8080
Connection: Upgrade
Pragma: no-cache
Cache-Control: no-cache
Upgrade: websocket
Origin: http://localhost:8080
Sec-WebSocket-Version: 13
Sec-WebSocket-Key: Uc/E4OEE/BnKx/EvHUgLtQ==
Sec-WebSocket-Extensions: permessage-deflate; client_max_window_bits

Response headers:
HTTP/1.1 501 Not Implemented
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 15:21:58 GMT
Connection: close

No error is displayed in the Eclipse console... I'm stuck because I didn't really get the
magic behind the scene. It seems that the transportId attribute is enabling the full WebSocket
logic? (transportId="http://cxf.apache.org/transports/websocket")

Thanks for your help and explanations.

Best regards,
Anthony MÜLLER