cxf-users mailing list archives

From "J. Fiala" <mod...@fwd.at>
Subject Re: CXF3 BeanValidation - wadl2java @Valid
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2016 16:36:07 GMT
Hi,

I see the following cases when BeanValidation is preferable to schema

1.) if the error should be clearly associated to the property which
caused the error. This is possible with beanvalidation using the
propertypath, with xml schema validation error messages you usually get
the reference to the type but not the field which caused the error.

(e.g. cvc-pattern-valid: Value ''{0}'' is not facet-valid with respect
to pattern ''{1}'' for type ''{2}''.)

2.) if the error message should be human readable / presented to the end
user

3.) if the schema validation causes memory troubles e.g. with bigger xml
requests with binary data in it (although this should be rarely the case
with SAXParsers)

IMHO especially in case 1+2 it would be nice to use the beanvalidation,
especially if the rest api is directly tied to a ui.

Best regards,
Johannes