cxf-users mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: default encoding in LoggingInInterceptor
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2016 09:42:38 GMT
Hi Christian

As discussed on IRC, IMHO marking core LoggingInterceptors as deprecated
in 3.2.0 (which is what you suggested below) can be very reasonable.
The problem I've spotted now is that the ext/'new' interceptors do not
support some features that the core/'old' interceptors do, which
unfortunately shows the problem of having a pair of logging features.

Specifically the core interceptors can avoid logging the binary payloads
(multiparts/etc) which was a pretty annoying issue for some users -
seeing some massive binary blobs logged (and partially due to the log
limits) was not good.

IMHO, before the old interceptors can be marked as Deprecated we need to
have those features that are available in the core interceptors (such as
the one I mentioned) synced to the ext loggers

Cheers, Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders