cxf-users mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fails to create jax-rs server after renaming app
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2016 10:15:24 GMT
Hard to advise anything specific, might be some old classes are still
around which causes that Exception.
Try to resolve the per-request issue first so that it works right in
TomEE, this issue might disappear after that...
Sergey
On 05/08/16 00:07, KARR, DAVID wrote:
> I'm iterating on a small app using CXF/JAX-RS running on TomEE.  I had the REST service
almost working, except for a problem with the controller instance being created on each request
(which I asked on a separate note).

> I decided that I wanted to rename the project in Eclipse.  It wouldn't let me rename
it so I just clone the app to a new name and removed the old app from the server.  I changed
the package paths and also the "id" value for the jax-rs server in the spring context.

> After doing all that, the app is now failing to start with some weird errors.
>
> I'm seeing the following stacktrace:
> --------------------
> 2016-08-04 15:58:52,403 WARN  [localhost-startStop-1] support.AbstractApplicationContext
(AbstractApplicationContext.java:549) - Exception encountered during context initialization
- cancelling refresh attempt: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating bean with name 'OrdersServer': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception
is org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ServiceConstructionException
> 2016-08-04 15:58:52,407 ERROR [localhost-startStop-1] context.ContextLoader (ContextLoader.java:351)
- Context initialization failed
> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name
'OrdersServer': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ServiceConstructionException
> 	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1578)
> 	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:545)
> Caused by: org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ServiceConstructionException
> 	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.JAXRSServerFactoryBean.create(JAXRSServerFactoryBean.java:219)
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: Cannot cast org.apache.cxf.management.jmx.InstrumentationManagerImpl
to org.apache.cxf.management.InstrumentationManager

--
Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders
http://coders.talend.com/