cxf-users mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using the same Application subclass for multiple defined REST servlets
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2016 16:15:22 GMT
I got a bit confused there myself.
Just modified this CXF test resource:

https://github.com/apache/cxf/blob/master/systests/jaxrs/src/test/resources/jaxrs_non_spring/WEB-INF/web.xml

specifically, removed all servlets but left CXFServlet2 & CXFServlet5:

https://github.com/apache/cxf/blob/master/systests/jaxrs/src/test/resources/jaxrs_non_spring/WEB-INF/web.xml#L59

and

https://github.com/apache/cxf/blob/master/systests/jaxrs/src/test/resources/jaxrs_non_spring/WEB-INF/web.xml#L122

Note  CXFServlet2 uses "application/*" & CXFServlet5 - "application11/*"
patterns. Both refer to the same application class:

https://github.com/apache/cxf/blob/master/systests/jaxrs/src/test/java/org/apache/cxf/systest/jaxrs/BookApplication.java

CXFServlet5 is also configured to not ignore ApplicationPath on this
class, which is "/thebooks" - so I removed it for the purpose of the test.

Next I run this test:

https://github.com/apache/cxf/blob/master/systests/jaxrs/src/test/java/org/apache/cxf/systest/jaxrs/JAXRSClientServerNonSpringBookTest.java#L73

this is covered by CXFServlet2, and next I run

https://github.com/apache/cxf/blob/master/systests/jaxrs/src/test/java/org/apache/cxf/systest/jaxrs/JAXRSClientServerNonSpringBookTest.java#L168

but removed "/thebooks" from its request URI, all works OK.

Each CXFNonSpringJaxrsServlet has its own CXF Bus which is internal
container of various extensions/features and endpoints. Given that each
servlet has a unique Bus, the fact that the same Application is reused
is OK.

It is def an issue with the IBMServlet or rather the way
CXFNonSpringJaxrsServlet is extended or modified there. For example, if
each CXFNonSpringJaxrsServlet will share the same Bus there then the
problem I described earlier will arise. Etc. So makes sense raising an
issue at the web sphere forums. Let me know how it goes please

Thanks, Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders