cxf-users mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using the same Application subclass for multiple defined REST servlets
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2016 10:12:07 GMT
Hi

Right. @ApplicationPath is expected to be ignored anyway when the
application is wired in via a servlet. I thought a bit more about it.

Each CXF endpoint typically uses a relative endpoint address, "/" by
default.
For example, if you have a Servlet pattern such as "/services/*"
and a single Application then the root endpoint address is say

"http://localhost:8080/services"

When you add another servlet with the same Application, a new endpoint
is created with the same default relative "/" path, with one of the two
endpoints being lost.

At a CXF level it can be solved by supplying an additional servlet
parameter, "jaxrs.address" which is set to something like "/a" etc.

FYI, I think it is quite rare to have the same Application deployed
under multiple servlets. Not sure at all it will work with other
implementations.

So try "jaxrs.address", if it proves not ideal then consider having a
single Application with multiple root resources, with each root resource
having a unique Path, etc

HTH, Sergey

On 13/07/16 09:42, Lars-Fredrik Smedberg wrote:
> Hi
>
> @Sergey, thanks for your answer... see some follow ups inline
>
> Regards
> LF
>
> On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 1:00 PM, Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Please see comments inline
>> On 10/07/16 16:03, Lars-Fredrik Smedberg wrote:
>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> To be able to expose different root resources for different paths I have
>>> defined my REST servlet (com.ibm.websphere.jaxrs.server.IBMRestServlet,
>>> running WLP 8.5.5.9 which to my understanding uses CXF) multiple times
>>> with
>>> different servlet-mappings.
>>>
>>> I tried to specify the same jaxax.ws.rs.Application class for both servlet
>>> mappings (it works out internally what root resources to expose) using an
>>> init-parameter:
>>>
>>>           <init-param>
>>>               <param-name>javax.ws.rs.Application</param-name>
>>>               <param-value><FQCN></param-value>
>>>           </init-param>
>>>
>>> I tried to define my REST servlet two times using different mappings but
>>> with the same init-parameter for the Application class.
>>>
>>> When I do this I get the following FFDC log when calling resources on one
>>> of the mappings but not the other.
>>>
>>> com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppErrorReport:
>>> javax.servlet.UnavailableException: SRVE0200E: Servlet
>>> [com.ibm.websphere.jaxrs.server.IBMRestServlet]: Could not find required