cxf-users mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hotupdate?
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2016 10:16:02 GMT
Hi
welcome,
I can only assume it will work on the war level, when the whole war gets
replaced.

I'm not sure if it is used practically though, the actual hot
replacement feature, would be interested to hear from users if anyone
has tried to replace a war in a running container in the real production.

Cheers, Sergey

On 15/04/16 09:44, Massimo Redaelli wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Newby question, sorry if it is already answered somewhere.
>
> After working with Axis2 for a while, I decided to try CXF. I was able to deploy a simple
servlet in Tomcat without Spring with the following web.xml:

> <web-app>
>      <servlet>
>          <display-name>CXFNonSpringJaxrsServlet</display-name>
>          <servlet-name>CXFNonSpringJaxrsServlet</servlet-name>
>          <servlet-class>org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.servlet.CXFNonSpringJaxrsServlet</servlet-class>
>          <init-param>
>              <param-name>jaxrs.serviceClasses</param-name>
>              <param-value>xxx.CXFTest</param-value>
>          </init-param>
>          <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
>      </servlet>
>      <servlet-mapping>
>          <servlet-name>CXFNonSpringJaxrsServlet</servlet-name>
>          <url-pattern>/cxf/*</url-pattern>
>      </servlet-mapping>
> </web-app>
>
> and so far so good (?). Now the question is: in Axis2 I could set <parameter name="hotupdate">true</parameter>
in axis2.xml, and upon replacing an aar in the WEB-INF/services folder, it would be undeployed
and deployed again automatically.

--
Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders