cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Hart, Andrew B." <AH...@Akimeka.com>
Subject RE: WS-Security configuration for both Soap 1.1 and 1.2
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2016 20:31:48 GMT
Ok, I think I understand.  Here was the solution in case it helps anyone else:

The encryptionParts should be specified with a namespace indicated by an empty set of curly
brackets.  This will default to the soap namespace, apparently the one used by the client
request, either 1.1 or 1.2.  Omitting the {namespace} altogether did not work for me.

<entry key="encryptionParts" value="{Content}{}Body" />

From: Hart, Andrew B.
Sent: Friday, January 29, 2016 12:22 PM
To: 'users@cxf.apache.org'
Subject: WS-Security configuration for both Soap 1.1 and 1.2

I am using Apache CXF 2.3.1 with JBoss 6.

I have several web services that are configured to use WS-Security in a java-first method.
 I have added the annotation @BindingType(javax.xml.ws.soap.SOAPBinding.SOAP12HTTP_BINDING)
 and now my web services are deployed using Soap 1.2.

However, in order to get the WS-Security working, I had to change the signatureParts and encryptionParts
in my jboss-cxf.xml configuration file to replace the Soap 1.1 schema ref with Soap 1.2 like
this:

<!--  <entry key="encryptionParts" value="{Content}{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Body"
/>  -->
<entry key="encryptionParts" value="{Content}{http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope}Body"
/>
(signatureParts in a similar manner...)

Which I presume will fail if I receive a Soap 1.1 request.

How can I specify that either Soap 1.1 or Soap 1.2 may be used?

-- Andrew Hart
Software Engineer
Data Networks Corporation