cxf-users mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UriInfo.getRequestUri().getHost() returns 'localhost' instead of '127.0.0.1'
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2015 20:59:24 GMT
Hi

Does JAX-RS endpoint have an absolute URI address at the initialization
time, if so how does it look like ?
In HttpUtils.toAbsoluteUri there's a line which defaults to 'localhost'
if it its 127.0.0.1 - I don't recall right now why but I vaguely
remember I did it in order to address some issue of its own related to
the use of 127.0.0.1.

Do you see that line being exercised, if yes I can introduce a property,
something like 'preserve.local.ip.address' as a short term workaround.
Though if you say using 0.0.0.0 also leads to a 'localhost' being
reported then it is coming out of non-CXF code
(request.getLocalAddress()) - I'm honestly not sure what can be done in
case of '0.0.0.0' to have 127.0.0.1 reported instead...

Cheers, Sergey