cxf-users mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Idle connection timeout (keep-alive timeout)
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2015 09:52:08 GMT
Hi,
thanks for asking the question here (as opposed to in JIRA)

Perhaps the defaults in Java and Windows specific URL client libraries
are different.

Can you please experiment with adding an Apache HttpClient based
cxf-rt-transports-http-hc dependency, and setting a "use.async.conduit"
property, example:

WebClient wc = ...
WebClient.getConfig(wc).getRequestContext().put("use.async.conduit");
wc.get();

or do an async GET call and do not even set that property.

other than that I'm not sure what else can be done.
See
http://cxf.apache.org/docs/client-http-transport-including-ssl-support.html
(the 'client' element part). It says the connection is expected to be
kept alive if the server honors it and is closed otherwise (I'm
presuming this is where a 10 secs default is used).
You can experiment with these properties,

WebClient.getConfig(wc).getHttpConduit().getClient()

perhaps another thing to try is to check if the timeout depends on which
HTTP verb is used, ex, GET vs POST. If some difference is observed then
perhaps that can point to some of HTTPUrlConnection code that can be
bypassed by setting some properties, etc...

Please experiment and let us know...

Sergey