cxf-users mailing list archives

From Xiaobin <zhengxb2...@gmail.com>
Subject Dealing with CLOSE_WAIT connections
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2015 23:59:53 GMT
Hi guys,

I am using CXF 2.7.5. I have an application using JAXRSClientFactoryBean to
generate proxy, and use following code to close client when it is done:

ClientConfiguration config = WebClient.getConfig(root);
    HTTPConduit conduit = config.getHttpConduit();
    if (conduit == null) {
      throw new IllegalArgumentException();
    }
    conduit.close();

As time goes on, I noticed that there are many connections shown by netstat
in CLOSE_WAIT state.

I understand that because of CXF-5144, it won't be able to re-use
connections. But besides this, is there anything I can do with those
CLOSE_WAIT connections ? Are these going to time out eventually or ?

Also, I am wondering if setting ConnectionType.CLOSE would help ?

Look forward to your suggestions! Thanks in advance.

-Xiaobin