cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Canning, Charles" <ccann...@stubhub.com>
Subject Header propagation between chained REST calls
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2015 01:23:59 GMT
Hi,

Problem:

I want to be able to pass a custom header from external client into a REST container call
and propagate it with all client REST requests from the container.

Browser  —> RestEndpoint  —> Another RestEndpoint.

I am going through the JAX-RS 2 specification and there are ContainerRequestFilters and ClientRequestFilters
and corresponding xxxContext objects but can’t seem to find a shared context. Does CXF have
a shared context to allow this or do I have to look into something like ThreadLocal? Or is
there a better approach available with CXF?

Thanks,
chuck