cxf-users mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problems using CXF as a JAX-RS 2.0 client
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2015 10:54:10 GMT
Hi

You could've just posted a link to CXF-6475 to make it easier to read
this message.

I do not see where the issue is. HttpConduit logging is a bit confusing
indeed because there's a number of attempts to set TLS client parameters
but it does not mean that HTTPS is not used.
Can you trace the content of the request in a plain tcp trace utility ?
I'd say that no.

301 vs 200 does not mean it is not HTTPS.

The clue should be on the server side. Why 301, perhaps CXF produces a
slightly different URI compared to Jersey ? Does the server depend on
the order of the query parameters ?

Please investigate and let me know
Sergey

On 25/06/15 11:11, LBC wrote:
> hi,
> I'm having problems establishing a secure connection using CXF/JVM defaults.  Hopefully
it's just a simple configuration issue.  Below is the generic JAX-RS 2.0 code, along with
the associated Maven dependency, and the log output demonstrating the problem. Even though
I'm specifying a "https" URL, it seems CXF is making the request via HTTP and thus yielding
a 301 HTTP response code.  I'm running on JDK 7 (jdk1.7.0_51).  I've tried CXF 3.0.2, 3.0.3,
and 3.1.1.  All yield a similar result.  Running the same test with the Jersey 2.x JAX-RS
client yields the correct 200 HTTP response code.