cxf-users mailing list archives

From Andrei Shakirin <ashaki...@talend.com>
Subject RE: Why does a JAX-WS client use the WSDL at run time?
Date Fri, 10 Apr 2015 18:52:58 GMT
Hi,

Basically it is not absolutely necessary for the client to use WSDL at runtime time.
There are some cases when this is handy:
1. Using complex schema validations
2. Applying WS-Policy embedded to the WSDL
3. Resolving endpoint through the WSDL (if WSDL is retrieved from the central storage)

If this is not your case, you will be able to run client without WSDL. CXF will build service
model on the base of generated classes.

Regards,
Andrei.