cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 75% time spent in handleResponseInternal() reasonable?
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2014 17:06:34 GMT

The first part of the handeResponseInternal is the call to the URLConnect.getResponseCode().
  That’s likely where most of that time is spent.   It pretty much blocks until the service
has returned a response.   It’s really just waiting for the server side to finish.

You can flip to using Async methods and the async based transport which would allow the main
threads to continue, but that can certainly change the entire programming model.

Dan

> On Dec 22, 2014, at 4:45 PM, Irvine, Chuck R <CRIrvine@dstrs.com> wrote:
>
> I started profiling my WebApp server today. A considerable amount of the application
functionality is derived by soap service calls to an external business partner. Application
profiling using VisualVM sampling shows that the application is in handleResponseInternal
(see below ***) about 75% of the time.  The service calls are secured with HTTPS and signature
verification of timestamp and message body for both the requests and responses.

> Does this number seem abnormally high? If so, can anyone suggest possible remedies or
things I should investigate?

> *** org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit$WrappedOutputStream.handleResponseInternal()
>
> Chuck Irvine
> DST - Brokerage
>

> Please consider the environment before printing this email and any attachments.
>
> This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the individual or company to which
it is addressed and may contain information which is privileged, confidential and prohibited
from disclosure or unauthorized use under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient
of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, or copying of this e-mail
or the information contained in this e-mail is strictly prohibited by the sender. If you have
received this transmission in error, please return the material received to the sender and
delete all copies from your system.

--
Daniel Kulp