cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JAX-ws package refereed for CXF client
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2014 17:04:21 GMT

> On Dec 22, 2014, at 11:56 PM, PRABU <prabumca06@gmail.com> wrote:
>   I am new to CXF.I am trying to create CXF client using eclipse client
> option.Using wsdl file i have created stub,But stub code i can't see CXF
> packages reference.All the stub java class refer java-ws packge only.
>
> I am not sure why?.When i run stub code it work fine without any CXF jar
> file in classpath?.I am not sure how?.
>
> I want to use CXF 3.0.3 client for my stub.Can you tell me what are the jar
> file i need to include in my classpath.
>
> What is the advance if i run stub using jax-ws vs CXF?

By default, CXF generates code that is JAX-WS compliant which would run fine with the JAX-WS
implementation built into the JDK.   However, the in-JDK implementation does not implement
many of the advanced features that CXF does such as all the WS-* specs, a lot of the configurability
of the transports, JMS support, etc….     In many cases, CXF performs better as well.

You can pass “-fe cxf” to the 3.0.3 code generator and it would generate code that would
be tied to CXF.  This can make sure that CXF is picked up.  It also provides additional configuration
touch points such as direct access to the CXF Bus, etc...

--
Daniel Kulp