cxf-users mailing list archives

From seij...@gmail.com
Subject Re: Using CXF in OSGI context
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2014 22:41:09 GMT
A lot of the legwork for registering, using an embedded jetty (pax) or

wiring up a new one is already done in Karaf, there is nothing

saying you can’t disable things, what you get for free is a rich

set of commands, tested combinations, logging, deployment,

config admin, security via JAAS and remote control.

On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 1:51 PM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:

>> On Dec 22, 2014, at 3:42 PM, Johan Kumps <johan.kumps@telenet.be> wrote:
>> I was looking at Felix as the OSGI container. Karaf is also an option but I
>> want to keep it as lightweigt as possible. What would your preferred setup
>> be? Do you have a reference for CXF on Felix too?
> The best option is likely to take Karaf and install the CXF feature there.   From there,
you should at least be able to get the list of bundles that would be needed to get CXF running
on a pure felix environment.
> That said, I’m not sure how much of CXF requires things like Aries blueprint and such
that Karaf “just provides”.    >From an “easy to make it work” standpoint, grabbing
Karaf and using it would certainly get you up and running much quicker.