cxf-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Clark <ang_c...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Initial call response times
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2014 12:36:33 GMT
Hi Sergey,
We are actually using jackson as our json provider not the default jettison. Would I be correct
in thinking we cannot register the org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.provider.JAXBElementProvider if we
are not using the default provider?
And I assume this would have no effect on the interceptor initialisation issue either way?
thanksAndy

> Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 12:28:50 +0100
> From: sberyozkin@gmail.com
> To: users@cxf.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Initial call response times
>
> Hi
> On 17/10/14 12:07, Andrew Clark wrote:
> > Hi Sergey,
> > Thanks for the reply.
> > 1) Looking through our logs it seems a lot of the time for the first call is spent
initialise the interceptor chain. I have seen this thread and it seems like this is normal
behaviour http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/Slow-response-time-only-on-the-first-request-td2268844.html.
The thread is a few years old though so wondered if there was someway to initialise the chain
on startup?
> > 2) I am a little confused on how I would configure the JAXBElementProvider to load
on startup. Could you elaborate a little?
> See
>
> http://cxf.apache.org/docs/jax-rs-data-bindings.html#JAX-RSDataBindings-SingleJAXBContextandextrauserclasses
>
> Setting those properties will instruct the provider to check the
> resources classes at the initialization time;
>
> Cheers, Sergey
>
> > thanks again
> > Andy
> >

> >> Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 10:32:52 +0100
> >> From: sberyozkin@gmail.com
> >> To: users@cxf.apache.org
> >> Subject: Re: Initial call response times
> >>
> >> Hi

testing some of these services we have started to notice that the initial request has a much
larger response time than subsequent request.
be causing the issue and how to fix it.