cxf-users mailing list archives

From Jason Pell <ja...@pellcorp.com>
Subject Re: CXF client send nonce and timestamp
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2014 10:27:13 GMT
Hi,

Yes sorry I was thinking of man in the middle. I was not aware it was
possible to replay a TLS transaction. I think that is the only way a TLS
protected web service request could be compromised via replay is to attempt
to resend the TLS encrypted bytes.  However from some additional reading it
does look as though replaying TLS is not straight forward as TLS itself has
replay protection due to the way the hand shakes work.

Anyway I am not going to claim to be any kind of expert on TLS!

But nonce and digest username tokens are naturally replay resistent as the
nonce is part of the digested password valur .