cxf-users mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to add content to an empty message body
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2014 08:49:46 GMT
Hi Mandy

Thanks for validating this workaround,
On 15/10/14 22:38, Mandy Warren wrote:
> ​Hi Sergey,
>
> Thanks so much for your fix.. we tested it by writing a CustomBodyWriter as you suggested
today and all worked fine except we needed to include this line to make the code work:

> outMessage.remove("org.apache.cxf.empty.request");

Indeed, this line is also in CXF 2.7.14-SNAPSHOT (in
ClientFilterContextImpl)
​
> We look forward to 2.7.14 :-)

Sounds good, thanks
Sergey

> Sent from a mobile device
>
>> On 13 Oct 2014, at 13:27, Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Mandy
>>
>> I've looked at the code, unfortunately it is not possible to add an entity from the
filter if the original message had no entity set up.

>> I.e, the filter can be used to change the current entity but not turn an 'empty'
request into a non-empty one - this is due to the optimization where a WebClient or BodyWriter
interceptor is added only if a body is currently available - which fails to support the case
where the body is added later in the chain from the filter.

>> I've just fixed it [1], unfortunate again that it won't make it into CXF 2.7.13 due
to be released early this week.

>> The only workaround is to basically create a custom BodyWriter interceptor (copy
the code from WebClient.BodyWriter) and add it when converting GET to POST in your custom
interceptor, like this: message.getInterceptorChain().add(new CustomBodyWriter());

>> It's a bit of a mess :-), sorry about it. But it will work well in 2.7.14
>>
>> Thanks, Sergey
>>
>> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-6045
>>> On 12/10/14 23:40, Mandy Warren wrote:
>>> Many thanks for the fast reply Sergey. I tried using the ClientRequestFilter
instead and set the msg body using:

>>> requestContext.setEntity(uri, null, null) ;
>>>
>>> When I do a getEntity() straight after all looks ok but the post body is empty
when it sends to the stubbing system. I noticed a property on the message org.apache.cxf.empty.request
was set to true so I set this to false but still no luck. Are there any other properties I
might need to change?

>>> Not sure if it's relevant but I also use logging in/out interceptors around the
call to WebClient.

>>> Many thanks
>>> Mandy
>>>
>>> Sent from a mobile device

sent either to a real backend or to our stubbing system. We have implemented this via an interceptor
which intercepts the outgoing request and changes the url if certain headers (to indicate
stubbing should be used) are present.

matches the content of the POST body to determine the response to send back. So I am trying
to work around this by converting a GET to a POST and placing the URL into the POST body as
something to match against. Bizarre I know :-)

to the uri string but I just can't work out how to set the message content (which will be
empty) to be the uri string.

{

the processing is no actual request object is set, it has this code: