cxf-users mailing list archives

From Aki Yoshida <elak...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem using OCSP and truststore configuration in the http conduit
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2014 22:24:16 GMT
i'm not sure what needs to be done. So this is just a guess.
what do you set at the factoryAlgorithm property of your CXF's
TrustManager configuration? Is it set to PKIX?

<sec:trustManagers factoryAlgorithm="PKIX">

Could it be that you are setting the algorithm explicitly in your
non-cxf program but not in the cxf's configuration?

> Hi,
> I am testing OCSP together with a CXF WS consumer. I am addressing my own trust store
in the http conduit. I created my own CA  and a certificate (localhost) holding the location
url of the validation service (on my computer).  The scenario is CXF->https://localhost->CXF.
 OCSP is supported by the JDK since Java 5. So I expected no problems. But when sending messages
the validation url is not called to check the certificate and no error occurs. I did a lot
of experiments and found out that it works when I set the trust store using the system property
javax.net.ssl.trustStore instead of the conduit. I tried to debug the problem and found  that
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.TrustManagerFactoryImpl provides two classes: PKIXFactory and
SimpleFactory. When PKIXFactory was instantiated then it worked (verifier was called), using
SimpleFactory it did not work. I could even change the algorithm in the debugger from 'simple'
to 'PKIX' and then it worked. But I was unable figure out when and why 'PKIX' or 'simple'
 is set. I came to the class javax.net.ssl.TrustManagerFactory->getDefaultAlgorithm() that
seems to return the value somehow. But finally I got stuck. The problem seems to be caused
by the method how CXF provides the trust store for ssl communication.

> I can provide two simple tests that demonstrate the problem and should run on any local
environment. One using the system property that fails due to the missing validation service
(verified by the ssl debug trace) and one using the conduit that is always successful  because
no validation is called. Both use the same certificate/trust store.