cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Does anyone uses a wadl-to-java inheritResourceParams ?
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2014 12:37:04 GMT

Could we change the flag to:
-inheritResourceParams[=first|last]

where it would default to first on 3.x and last on 2.7.x, but the user could explicitly set
it depending on their needs/compatibility requirements?

Dan

On Aug 14, 2014, at 7:01 AM, Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> CXF WADL to Java generator supports an option for the parent resource parameters be added
into the current method signature, it is called "inheritResourceParams". It can help with
minimizing the duplication across the whole WADL document.

> Alexey Markevich opened an enhancement request [1] to do with making the order in which
the current and inherited parameters are generated, currently they are added to the end of
the signature, I agree [1] makes sense for the inherited parameters to be in the top of the
method parameter list.

> Ideally we'd have it fixed in CXF 2.7.x too but it may break some of the signatures if
"inheritResourceParams" is used. So the question to the users who work with wadl-to-java,
does anyone use this parameter ?

> We will merge to 3.0.2 and 3.1.0-SNAPSHOT for a start and push it down to 2.7.x if we
do not get any confirmations about 2.7.x...

--
Daniel Kulp