cxf-users mailing list archives

From Raul Acevedo <r...@cantara.com>
Subject Re: customize error messages for bad input requests
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2014 18:55:29 GMT
On 2014-04-09 21:35, Sergey Beryozkin wrote:

> Can you try and manage it at JAX-RS Bean Validation level,
> specifically, by adding a ValidationException mapper or at the very
> least a RuntimeException mapper ?

CXF doesn't throw ValidationException when it tries to bind a string to
an integer; it throws ClientErrorException, so creating
ExceptionHandler<ClientErrorException> works, except that exception is
too general, it doesn't tell me that the error was trying to bind input
arguments, or what input arguments failed.  It's documented as "A base
runtime application exception indicating a client request error (HTTP
{@code 4xx} status codes)."

So in theory ClientErrorException can happen for a wide variety of
reasons; I can't use it determine if there was an input error.

Is there some other way of customizing the response when CXF can't bind
input arguments?

Thanks,

Raul