cxf-users mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Troubles with multiple JAX-RS applications in one web.xml
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2014 10:03:51 GMT
Hi Petr
On 28/04/14 10:46, Dolezal, Petr wrote:
> Hi Sergey,
>
> I was a bit busy, I finally could verify all the changes and hints that you mentioned
today.

> I tried all the options in question and I think that the issues are gone.
>
> The deployment was somewhat bold:
> - One web application with the web.xml with a single JAX-RS servlet mapped to /*, multiple
JAX-RS applications.
> - Two more web applications, each web.xml with a single JAX-RS servlet mapped to /*,
a single JAX-RS application.

> With "org.apache.cxf.osgi.http.transport.disable" system property I encountered no issues.
All endpoints for all web applications worked. Without it, well, the separate web application
case does not work (but you expected that).
> Omitting "jaxrs.application.address.ignore" parameter lead to an error in the case of
the single JAX-RS servlet with multiple JAX-RS applications. Fortunately, the error contained
a helpful message. Everything worked with the parameter specified.

> It is easy to forget or miss a parameter as the number of specific options grow. But
it works and that's good.

> Thanks for your support. I'll come back if I found something.
Thanks, good to know it is working for you.

"org.apache.cxf.osgi.http.transport.disable" only plus a single web.xml
with two servlets should work from now on, given that ApplicationPath is
ignored by default on the trunk as per JAX-RS spec/API docs. It is also
expected to be portable which is important though I can't guarantee how
other implementations deal with multiple Applications inside a single war.

Cheers, Sergey