cxf-users mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CXF REST - How to register/configure ParameterNameProvider?
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2014 13:33:20 GMT
Hi
On 16/04/14 13:54, gangaaloori wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm using CXF 3.0.0-milestone2 version for exposing a REST API. I would like
> to validate the incoming request which I'm able to do using the
> JAXRSBeanValidationInInterceptor. If I'd like to return a good validation
> error message to the caller, How do I get/access the parameter name which
> caused the validation exception?
>
> After a quick search I found that out there is a way, by implementing the
> "javax.validation.ParameterNameProvider" interface. Luckily CXF source code
> has got an example java class - JAXRSParameterNameProvider.java.
>
> Now my question is - How do I register/configure this class within CXF
> context?
> Just FYI - I'm using spring to configure the jaxrs server

This interceptor (like all other validation interceptors) can be
injected with the custom
org.apache.cxf.validation.BeanValidationProvider, it is created by
default, but it can be customized, one of its constructors accepts
ParameterNameProvider, the other one -
org.apache.cxf.validation.ValidationConfiguration which can be used to
completely customize the process.

I'll need to update the documentation
Thanks, Sergey