cxf-users mailing list archives

From David Hoffer <dhoff...@gmail.com>
Subject CXF performance recomendations
Date Sat, 22 Mar 2014 02:25:43 GMT
I have code first CXF webservice that has worked fine for a long time but
the performance demands were not great, now it's being used significantly
more and the overall response time is too long for some use cases, I'm
wondering what's the best practice for best performance.

As an example of the performance I'm seeing...the actual java work the
service performs on each call might take 30ms but I'm seeing overall
response times of 900m, that includes all the network overhead of the
request & response...not sure how much of that is in the HTTP/SOAP stack
but my goal is to get that as minimal as practical.

Currently I'm using JaxWsServerFactoryBean and embedded Jetty to host the
service but I am considering moving to Tomcat but wondering if that will
help or hurt performance.  What's the best between those options and is
there a way to tune each?  Currently I do no tuning and use default
behavior.

-Dave