cxf-users mailing list archives

From Rian J Stockbower <rstockbo...@gmail.com>
Subject Is there a way to get a JAX-RS service to bind to all valid URLs for a host?
Date Sun, 17 Nov 2013 20:00:57 GMT
Apache Tika has a JAX-RS web service that's configured to listen on
localhost, and that's it. It can be re-compiled to listen for a specific
hostname, but that's not very useful if you're looking to deploy an
arbitrary number of Tika endpoints (as I am).

I tried swapping the setAddress() call with a value that was computed at
runtime, but that was unsuccessful. In a perfect world, I'd like Tika to
listen on all valid interfaces.
- localhost
- 127.0.0.1
- hostname
- hostname.domain.tld
- ip address
- whatever else I've forgotten

I've looked at the docs, and it looks like you can only set one address for
JAX-RS web services(?):

http://cxf.apache.org/docs/http-binding.html

1) Is there a simple workaround for this problem?
2) If not, it looks like the only thing to do is to convert the JAX-RS
service to a JAX-WS service. Is that correct? Or is there something else
that can done?

What is the best way to approach fixing this problem?

Thanks,
-Rian