cxf-users mailing list archives

From Jim Talbut <jtal...@spudsoft.co.uk>
Subject Re: Exception when using two separate Spring contexts both using Jackson
Date Fri, 29 Nov 2013 13:45:36 GMT
On 29/11/2013 11:12, Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> Thanks for the update,
>
> I was concerned about
>
>  >> java.lang.NullPointerException: null
>  >>      at
>  >>
> org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.impl.tl.ThreadLocalProviders.getContextResolver(ThreadLocalProviders.java:50)
>

> should we still investigate it ? I'm just not exactly sure how a thread
> local cache can be affected such that NPE is thrown, even though there
> were issues with Bus references before your fix.
>
> May the following sequence can explain: the thread creates a context,
> two tests are started, the thread finishes one test, clears a context,
> and now finishes the 2nd test, but the context has gone. This can
> explain it. If you think it does not then please create a test project
> for me to investigate it further
>
> Thanks, Sergey

It has to be something like that, but I'm not sure what Spring/JUnit/CXF
would have cleared.
The other thing that still confuses me is that I would have expected the
BusFactory.setDefault to affect things on the thread on which it is run,
but the exception comes from the server thread (which should have an
independent bus).

Anyway, I'm happy that the fix works and, whilst I think it would be
good for you to document any limitation here, I can't quite think how
you could have done that in a way that I would have found - so the
existence of this email thread is probably as good as anything.

If I get the chance I will produce a test case, but it's not a priority.

Thanks.

Jim