cxf-users mailing list archives

From tomstark <tom.st...@polycom.com>
Subject Re: Can unordered JSON work with XML sequence with validation
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 21:32:34 GMT
Hi Sergey,

Answers to some of your questions:
> Do you mean it is not guaranteed from JSON client ? If so, do you mean
> that a new content covered by xsd:any can get in front of someInt ?

The order of the elements from the JSON from the client is not guaranteed to
match that of the schema.  The schema example was overly simplified to a
single field.  A better example would have been to have multiple elements
along with the xs:any.  In that case, unordered JSON violates the schema and
is rejected.

In general, the xs:any is in place for clients or servers to be able to
interact with the other side (server or client, respectively) without having
to be on the exact version of the API.  Typically, this is useful when
adding additional fields to the end of a sequence definition for a
particular object.

Does that affect the answer you gave me regarding modifying the JSON
provider?

(I'm looking into your answer now)

Thanks,
Tom