cxf-users mailing list archives

From vincentr42 <vincent...@gmail.com>
Subject Aegis and inheritance: issue migrating from 2.3.9 to 2.7.5
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2013 16:05:54 GMT
Migrating from CXF 2.3.9 to 2.7.5, we encounter an issue regarding the aegis
marshalling in 2.7.5 when a class extend another. Indeed, attributes
declared on the parent class are now present twice.

My use case is:

A) A class named /ViewDataObject/ annotated with /@XmlType/ that extends a
class named  /GroupDataObject/:

B) The parent class (/GroupDataObject/) contains XML attributes:

Using CXF 2.7.5 version, I get this weird xml, when /ViewDataObject/ is
marshalled, where attributes of /GroupDataObject/ appear twice:

One time with the namespace provided on /ViewDataObject/ and a second with
default namespace from /GroupDataObject/...

Worst, when forcing (to see if that could solve our problem) the namespace
on parent object (/GroupDataObject/) using:

the xml generated is simply invalid, still containing the attributes twice
but this time with the same namespace...

---

That was not the case using CXF 2.3.9 where we got the expected xml message:

Has anyone already encountered the same issue ?
Any help would be gladly welcome.

Kind regards,
Vincent