cxf-users mailing list archives

From patch_78 <patch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Get Security Token
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 12:49:33 GMT
Hi Ivan,

Thanks a lot for your explanation and offer! I also have 3 tomcat instances
and managed to get it work as same as you.
But in my requirement, step 1) is not the same as the
examples\wsclientWebapp\

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
1) When you log in to the web application (c), a SAML token is aquired from
the IDP/STS.
(When you use Fediz with the Tomcat plugin for instance, you get a
FederationPrincipal by calling HttpServletRequest.getUserPrincipal(). By
using the FederationPrincipal, you access the claims in the SAML token. You
can also access the whole token, if you put it into ThreadLocal from a
servlet filter - also in the example).

In my requirement the user is authenticated by an external identity provider
based on SSO protocol.

patch