cxf-users mailing list archives

From Nick Komen <nick.ko...@ldschurch.org>
Subject Request Wrapper Rendered as Nillable in WSDL
Date Fri, 17 May 2013 21:04:27 GMT
I recently started using request wrappers on my SOAP service to have more control of how the
method parameters are displayed in the WSDL.  However, the method with a request wrapper is
getting its wsdl generated in a way that is not friendly to wsdl2java.

My original service method declaration of this:

	@RequestWrapper(localName = "getInterviewList", targetNamespace = NAMESPACE, className =
"org.lds.platform.service.wrapper.GetInterviewListRequestWrapper")
	@WebMethod(operationName="getInterviewList")
	public List<InterviewInfo> getInterviewList(
			@WebParam(name=Constants.UNIT_NBR)
			Long unitNbr,
			@WebParam(name=Constants.NAME_FORMAT)
			String nameFormat) throws MluValidationException, AvailabilityException;

Is getting turned into this wsdl (showing only the part having to do with the wrapper):

<xs:complexType name="getInterviewList">
	<xs:sequence>
		<xs:element minOccurs="0" name="unitNbr" nillable="true" type="xs:long"/>
		<xs:element minOccurs="0" name="nameFormat" nillable="true" type="xs:string"/>
	</xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>
<xs:element name="getInterviewList" nillable="true" type="tns:getInterviewList"/>

The complex type declaration is great, but the following line (with the element declaration)
is a problem.  This is making it so that when I run wsdl2java off of this, it generates a
method with the Bare parameter style instead of the Wrapped one we would like.  It seems to
be caused by the line where the element named getInterviewList is being marked as nillable.

If I edit that one line manually to
<xs:element name="getInterviewList" type="tns:getInterviewList"/>
wsdl2java generates the code the way we want (with the wrapper style for the parameters, like
in our service declaration).

So my question is: when using a request wrapper, how can I avoid it getting marked as nillable
in the wsdl?

-Nick

 NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email