cxf-users mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question
Date Mon, 20 May 2013 20:07:45 GMT
I guess you're referring to this:
http://www.lexisnexis.com/webserviceskit/ ?  And when you say "get" you
mean make a SOAP client to be able to retrieve data from that web
service?  I can't see the WSDL without a developer ID but the web site
says its WSDL is Axis 1.x compliant which probably means it's the older
RPC/encoded type WSDL, not well supported by modern JAX-WS
implementations.  You may need to drag out the Axis 1.x (not Axis2) to
get it working or use cumbersome JAX-WS hacks if you want to stay with
CXF: http://www.jroller.com/gmazza/entry/calling_rpc_encoded_web_services.

*Sometimes*, if you remove the 'encoded' attributes from the WSDL, if no
encoding is actually occurring, you may be able to create a web service
as normal with CXF:
http://www.jroller.com/gmazza/entry/soap_client_tutorial.  YMMV though,
and I'm not sure how reliable/safe that would be.

Glen