cxf-users mailing list archives

From Alessio Soldano <asold...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: WS-Eventing for CXF
Date Fri, 10 May 2013 08:51:47 GMT
Hi Dan,

On 05/09/2013 07:32 PM, Daniel Kulp wrote:
>> This said, unless anybody has concerns, I might possibly try enhancing
>> what Jan has done and eventually merge it into trunk (only), targetting
>> the 3.0 release. I believe this is interesting stuff.
>
> Caveat:  I haven't had time to look at this yet…. :-(

;-)

> I see in your concerns that your talking a bit about the WS-Notification stuff.   How
does this relate at all to the WS-Notification services and API's we already have in CXF?

Currently it's unrelated. To be honest, the WS-Notification and
WS-Eventing from WS-RA specs have some "common" points / concepts, but
they're definitely different specifications.
Are you kind of suggesting to evaluate trying to uniform the two things
or seeing if solutions implemented for the ws-notification services can
be applied to the ws-eventing impl?

Btw, speaking of services, I would likely see the ws-eventing impl
migrated to the "services" area too, similarly to the wsn, wsdd, sts, etc.

Thanks
Alessio

--
Alessio Soldano