cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Keep tmp files around
Date Tue, 21 May 2013 18:38:45 GMT

On May 21, 2013, at 2:35 PM, John D. Ament <john.d.ament@gmail.com> wrote:

> Daniel,
>
> Thanks.  I added
>
> @org.apache.cxf.annotations.Logging(limit = Integer.MAX_VALUE,inLocation="file:///tmp/cxf/in.txt",outLocation="file:///tmp/cxf/out.txt")
>
> To my interface (AppPortType.class).  Is there somewhere else it should go?

I believe that should be it.   (providing JBoss allows the user application to actually load
classes/annotations from the package)

Dan

> John
>

> On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 2:13 PM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:
>
> On May 21, 2013, at 1:58 PM, John D. Ament <john.d.ament@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hmmm
> >
> > Looking at http://cxf.apache.org/docs/debugging-and-logging.html
> > I don't see any option to specify the limit.  I do see in the code the alternate
constructors, but since I'm using JBoss AS 7 and just the JVM option I don't see a way to
tell it to use the alternate limit.

> Honestly, no idea on what to do within JBoss.
>
> You could stick an @org.apache.cxf.annotations.Logging(limit = 100000000) or something
annotation on the service interface.   That should do it.  Beyond that, you'd likely need
to check the JBoss docs.

> Dan
>

> > John
> >

> > On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 1:52 PM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > On May 21, 2013, at 1:41 PM, "John D. Ament" <john.d.ament@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Currently, I use the JVM option
> > >
> > > org.apache.cxf.logging.enabled
> > >
> > > and I see this output:
> > >
> > > Message (saved to tmp file):
> > > Filename: /tmp/cxf-tmp-609897/cos8918496558500803807tmp
> > > (message truncated to 65536 bytes)
> >
> > Ah. OK.  Just looked.   The default for the interceptors themselves is 100K, but
the LoggingFeature is 64K.  The system property uses the LoggingFeature.  That explains that.

> > Basically, you'll need to do one of:
> >
> > 1) Manually configure the logging stuff (see http://cxf.apache.org/docs/debugging-and-logging.html
) and increase the limit appropriately.

> > 2) Write an interceptor that would grab the "File" and copy it someplace and configure
that in.

> > Dan

> > --
> > Daniel Kulp