cxf-users mailing list archives

From NCorbet <Neil.Cor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migration from cxf-dosgi 1.3 to cxf-dosgi 1.4 broke my rest services
Date Fri, 17 May 2013 16:53:13 GMT
Sergey,

Thanks for the quick response.

The endpoint is being set by cxf itself in whatever manner the default
mechanism provides. My spring configuration above is the only configuration
I have for CXF. I think this happens because of the absence of the property
*org.apache.cxf.rs.address* and/or *org.apache.cxf.rs.httpservice.context*.

>From the distributed-osgi-reference page, for the
*org.apache.cxf.rs.address* it states /"If this property is not specified,
this defaults to {{ http://localhost:9000/fully/qualified/ClassName}}"/

I believe this is why I get the following addresses:

*CXF 1.3* :
http://172.16.40.2:9000/org/syntech/ambassador/shared/fuelmaster/services/SiteService

*CXF 1.4* :
http://172.16.40.2:8181/cxf/org/syntech/ambassador/shared/fuelmaster/services/SiteService

When *org.apache.cxf.rs.httpservice.context* is excluded the documentation
states: /When this property is specified, the OSGi HTTP Service which is
used to expose the service, rather than a dedicated Jetty HTTP Server./

My wonder is if the mechanism that binds the port has changed or requires
some extra config in order to "work right out of the box" as they say.
Through netstat I can see it is not being done.

Thanks,
Neil