cxf-users mailing list archives

From arjjun dhar <dhar...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: jaxrs:providers not respected when migrating from 2.5.2 to 2.7.x
Date Tue, 14 May 2013 05:54:36 GMT
Problem was solved and I was also now able to upgrade.
The following notes applied to this problem...

1. ParameterHandlers are the lowest grade citizens for param mapping and it
can be frustrating to figure out what else is getting in the way before it
reaches the Handler; if multiple providers are provided and one is
leveraging some common aspects between the providers. ..Example: The
provider TYPE's are very similar only subtly different.

2. While the documentation states one can have the same class implement both
MessageBodyReaders and ParameterHandlers, it can lead to a lot of trouble.
Its possible but better avoidable .. infact I think it should be discouraged
(personal opinion for keeping a simpler cleaner design).

... as a result, Im giving up the use of ParameterHandler and its got me a
cleaner predictable design/code now and it all works without any magic.

Thanks for all your help.