cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Bimschas <bimsc...@itm.uni-luebeck.de>
Subject Re: Missing ResponseReader in CXF >= 2.7.0
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 06:17:15 GMT
OK, that works now. Thanks again, Sergey!

But: it only works when I cast to ResponseImpl as javax.ws.rs.core.Response doesn't provide
a readEntity method.

Cheers,
Daniel

On 21.03.2013, at 22:50, Sergey Beryozkin wrote:

> Hi
> On 21/03/13 21:30, Daniel Bimschas wrote:
>> Hi there!
>>
>> I'm currently trying to work with the CXF client API and the nice proxy feature it
provides. Now, one of my API methods returns a javax.ws.rs.core.Response wrapping an entity.
This entity is a JAXB annotated class which is serialized to JSON and shall be deserialized
on client side. Now, when I execute the client I get the following error message:

>>   java.lang.ClassCastException: sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$HttpInputStream
cannot be cast to MyDtoClass

>> According to [1] one can use the ResponseReader class such that the stream will be
deserialized to the expected type. However, it seems that starting with CXF 2.7.0 (I'm using
2.7.3) this class is missing. Can you enlighten me here?