cxf-users mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Missing ResponseReader in CXF >= 2.7.0
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2013 12:43:48 GMT
Hi
On 25/03/13 13:25, Daniel Bimschas wrote:
> Hmm. So what dependency should I use? Changing to
>

> 	<dependency>
> 		<groupId>javax.ws.rs</groupId>
> 		<artifactId>javax.ws.rs-api</artifactId>
> 		<version>2.0-rc3</version>
> 	</dependency>
>
> gives me
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/ws/rs/MessageProcessingException
> 	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.impl.ResponseBuilderImpl.build(ResponseBuilderImpl.java:61)
> 	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.interceptor.JAXRSOutInterceptor.processResponse(JAXRSOutInterceptor.java:128)
> 	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.interceptor.JAXRSOutInterceptor.handleMessage(JAXRSOutInterceptor.java:86)
> 	at org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:271)
>          [...]
>
> in my application...

CXF 2.7.x depends on 2.0-m10. FYI, for the most of API the differences
between 2.0-m10 and the latest RC are very minor actually, as far as the
actual application code using it is concerned

Cheers, Sergey

> Regards,
> Daniel
>
> On 22.03.2013, at 10:32, Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> On 22/03/13 06:17, Daniel Bimschas wrote:
>>> OK, that works now. Thanks again, Sergey!
>>>
>>> But: it only works when I cast to ResponseImpl as javax.ws.rs.core.Response doesn't
provide a readEntity method.

>> You may be still having jsr311-api in the dependencies ? See
>>
>> http://jax-rs-spec.java.net/nonav/2.0-SNAPSHOT/apidocs/javax/ws/rs/core/Response.html
>>
>> Cheers, Sergey
>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Daniel

feature it provides. Now, one of my API methods returns a javax.ws.rs.core.Response wrapping
an entity. This entity is a JAXB annotated class which is serialized to JSON and shall be
deserialized on client side. Now, when I execute the client I get the following error message:

will be deserialized to the expected type. However, it seems that starting with CXF 2.7.0
(I'm using 2.7.3) this class is missing. Can you enlighten me here?

the 2.0 implementation work is still ongoing,

--
Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders
http://coders.talend.com/