cxf-users mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JAX-RS and @Consumes/@Produces annotations
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2013 10:14:30 GMT
Hi
On 11/03/13 20:37, Jose MarĂ­a Zaragoza wrote:
> Hello:
>
> We're using Apache CXF 2.7.3
>
> I would like if it's possible to configure media-types of a REST
> service in Spring context file (bean.xml)
>
> I would like to declare into<jaxrs:server/>   which media-types accepts
> I'm not saying to add custom providers to process message by  its
> media-type, but to declare "all this service consumes/produces these
> media types"

I guess what you'd like to do is to avoid adding the annotations but
provide some external info describing the resources, if so, then working
with a user model is what will do:

http://cxf.apache.org/docs/jax-rs-advanced-features.html#JAX-RSAdvancedFeatures-RESTfulserviceswithoutannotations

You can create a model as an external resource and then link to it from
jaxrs:server with a modelRef attribute.

You can combine that with registering service beans, so the model can
refer to interfaces and then you can have the implementations registered
as service beans which possibly provide more info like @Path, etc, or
the model can refer to the actual implementations...

HTH, Sergey