cxf-users mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Registering JAX-RS providers on the bus
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 09:49:59 GMT
Hi
On 10/03/13 18:51, Craig McClanahan wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 11:35 AM, Sergey Beryozkin<sberyozkin@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> We've been discussing as part of CXF-4862 how to register JAX-RS providers
>> on the bus, so that individual jaxrs servers do not deal with configuring
>> them, and we agreed to move it to the users list as it might be of interest
>> to other users.
>>
>> I really like this approach to sharing configuration data.  However, it's
> not clear whether I can share a basic set of providers and still add some
> special ones in a service bean?
Yes - that should work - I can add a test for it, but the providers
added to individual endpoints will also be recognized

> Separately, does the same concept work for sharing interceptors?

Yes - it is been there all the time, cxf:bus bean has dedicated
inInterceptors and outInterceptors list properties - and endpoint
specific CXF interceptors can also be added; JAX-RS providers are not
core CXF interceptors, so one needs to use cxf:bus/properties to
register them as bus level providers

Cheers, Sergey