cxf-users mailing list archives

From Jason Pell <ja...@pellcorp.com>
Subject How can I use the PolicyConstants.POLICY_OVERRIDE to override a ws policy for specific operations
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 10:35:16 GMT
Hi,

I thought I could get in just before the PolicyInInterceptor and check
the BindingOperationInfo, but that won't be available until the
data binding / soap action interceptors are executed which is after
this interceptor.

Is it possible to somehow ignore policies failures in an interceptor
based on an operation.  For instance I was wondering if I could
do something as simple as create an interceptor which executes
immediately before PolicyVerificationInInterceptor.  Check the
BindingOperationInfo and if it matches an operation name for which we
want to ignore policies I remove the AssertionInfoMap
from the message.  This would cause the
PolicyVerificationInInterceptor to bail out.

I am going to give it a try, at first glance it feels like a giant
hack, but as I cannot get ws policy alternatives to work at
an operation level (CXF-4813) and I don't really have a lot of time
for this, I am thinking this would be a viable fallback
until the cxf issue is fixed (if it can easily be fixed)

I want to disable ws policy for the Ping method in my service.