cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to integrate a new data binding to cxf?
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 21:12:44 GMT

On Feb 22, 2013, at 11:29 AM, allam-di <allamcxfuser@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to implement a new data binding for
> serialization/deserialization of messages in XML format.
> How I can avoid the actual serialization/deserialization in JAXB (the
> default data binding for cxf)
> and integrate to cxf my new one?

You would need to write an implementation of org.apache.cxf.databinding.DataBinding (or subclass
the AbstractDataBinding object) and implement the various readers and writers.   To then use
it, you can configure it in via spring and such or use the @org.apache.cxf.annotations.DataBinding
annotation on your implementation.

You could look at the JIBX or XmlBeans data bindings as a start.  They are a bit simpler than
the JAXB and Aegis data bindings.

Dan