cxf-users mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SAML authentication in OSGI continued
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 15:14:51 GMT
On 14/02/13 19:21, geecxf wrote:
> The development experience wasn't exactly plug-n-play... but it works and
> there seems to be a lot of power under the hood once you start to understand
> the framework. My gut reaction to this technology is that the level of
> knowledge and skill necessary to start using it is very high. I am however
> relatively new to the world of developing using java and open source
> frameworks.

Are you referring to the complexity of installing the bundles into the
OSGI container or working with SAML-based interceptors ?

Re the former, as I said one would be expected to have a plug-n-play
experience by using features, I'm not sure why you were not able to use
the feature, I saw you saying you ended up installing various individual
bundles to get SAML interceptors working, perhaps the complexity is
coming from the fact you actually use DOSGi on top of the OSGi container
other than Karaf ?

Re the latter - agreed that supporting SAML may indeed raise the
complexity level

Thanks, Sergey