cxf-users mailing list archives

From Freeman Fang <freeman.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Security for WS & REST clients
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2013 09:54:30 GMT
Hi,

My comment inline
-------------
Freeman(Yue) Fang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Twitter: freemanfang
Blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.com
http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/1473905042
weibo: @Freeman小屋

On 2013-2-25, at 下午5:01, Jose María Zaragoza wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I'm newbie by using CXF framework and I'd like to take the best choice
> about security matters ( authorization/authentication )
> Maybe more expert users can help me.
>

> I need to develop JAX-WS (SOAP/HTTP) and JAX-RS (XML/JSON/HTTP)
> services and I need to get the client ID who is calling that web
> service for loading custom config files by client profile/role .
> Sometimes, it will be the same implementation but different prococol
> binding ( I think CXF framework allows this feature )
>

> 1)
>
> I would like to use a standard authetication/authorization model.
> I've seen WS-Security but I think that it only works with SOAP
> messages, am I wrong ? could it be used with REST client/services?
Yes, the UsernameToken ws-security stuff is based on SOAP message so it won't work with REST
 typically.

> 2)
>
> Other choice is use HTTP Authentication , For example, I could use
> Realm mechanism implemented by Tomcat to authenticate users
> That is supported by SOAP/HTTP and REST/JSON//HTTP clients
>
> Could I retrieve client ID ( Principal ) from WebserviceContext with
> HTTP Authentication ?
> Do i need to get HTTPRequest to get client ID ?
Yeah,  you can use HTTP basic auth both for SOAP and REST service
You can simply use org.apache.cxf.interceptor.security.JAASLoginInterceptor, which can retrieve
username/password from Http Basic auth and create SecurityContext accordingly and delegate
to your container jaas(tomcat, karaf, etc)

> 3)
>
> As I told you, I want to load custom config files by client
> profile/role calling a service
> Could I to implement this by a interceptor and this interceptor
> updates 'service call' with custom values ?
> What is the best way to face this issue ?

yeah, an interceptor usually is the way to go