cxf-users mailing list archives

From "KARR, DAVID" <dk0...@att.com>
Subject RE: Enabling JMX monitoring on existing bus
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2013 16:30:50 GMT

I know how to configure Spring to publish the beans you specify as JMX mbeans, but you should
go through the Spring documentation for more details.

For what I do, I'm only using annotations to specify the beans I want to publish.  You may
need to publish beans only specified in your XML application context.  The Spring doc will
show how to do this.

In your applicationContext, the first step is just to add the following declaration:

    <context:mbean-export/>

In every Java source file that represents a bean you want to publish, use the "@ManagedResource"
annotation at the class level.  This lets you specify the JMX objectname and also a description
of the resulting mbean.

For each operation in the class you want to make available, use the "@ManagedOperation" annotation
along with "@ManagedOperationParameters".

The other part of this is getting the jmx server in your web container to publish your managed
beans.  That is outside of the control of Spring.  Look in your application server documentation
for this.