cxf-users mailing list archives

From d..@sosnoski.com
Subject Re: Best CXF client approach for remote WSDL using wsp:Policy
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2013 15:40:41 GMT
Hi Bob,

I don't know of any currently-supported frameworks that would work with this out of the box,
and in any case you're likely to be stuck with configuring the handling yourself. You could
probably do this using CXF, though because of the old standards in use you'd likely need to
write your own interceptors (which would in turn call WSS4J to do the actual security processing)
rather than just configuring the security operations directly.

I've worked with several clients on compatibility with older WS-Security implementations,
and I think I could help you with this if you can pay for some consulting time. Would that
be a possibility?

If not, you could look at the WS-Security Wrapper I wrote, as one way of handling this: http://wsswrapper.sourceforge.net/
The wrapper basically talks plain XML on one side and WS-Security SOAP on the other. That
may not be exactly what you want, but the code should show you how to do the basic security
operations with WSS4J.

I'll copy this to the list, too, but without the plug for my services. :-)

Regards,

  - Dennis

Dennis M. Sosnoski
Java SOA and Web Services Consulting