cxf-users mailing list archives

From Sam777 <sam.hu...@hotmail.com>
Subject Configuration using Java code without cxf.xml?
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2013 09:19:35 GMT
Hi there,

Excuse me a newbie question.

Am I right to assume that a production web app using cxf for webservice can
get away without using cxf.xml at all?

As I read it in  Configuration using Java code
<http://cxf.apache.org/docs/bus-configuration.html>  . The page basically
shows that the bus can be obtained from endpoint, hence do away with xml
config.

	/import javax.xml.ws.Endpoint;
	import org.apache.cxf.interceptor.LoggingInInterceptor;
	import org.apache.cxf.interceptor.LoggingOutInterceptor;
	import org.apache.cxf.jaxws.EndpointImpl;

	Object implementor = new GreeterImpl();
	EndpointImpl ep = (EndpointImpl)
Endpoint.publish("http://localhost/service", implementor);

	ep.getServiceFactory().getBus().getInInterceptors().add(new
LoggingInInterceptor());
	ep.getServiceFactory().getBus().getOutInterceptors().add(new
LoggingOutInterceptor());/

Is that a bad practice or idea for production? Funny enough, nobody seems to
have asked this before here.

Why do I want to do this? Well, I just don't like using xml to config
everything as any change would force redeploy of web app hosting the
webservice.

To me, flexibility far outweighs the extra java code xml config files can
save you from typing.

Thanks

Sam