cxf-users mailing list archives

From Gege <geg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Asynchronous
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2012 13:44:05 GMT
I met another "issue".

I was editing my WSDL and wsdl2java stopped generating asynchronous client apis.
I added a bindings.xml file for wsdl2java with
<enableAsyncMapping>true</enableAsyncMapping>.

It does not solves anything about the client api (maybe there is
something it doesn't like in my wsdl, i'll check stop-by-step when
starting from my original wsdl).

But on the generated server, I now have a third method signature in
the generated interface :

    public InviteResponse invite(Invite parameters)

    public Future<?> inviteAsync(Invite parameters, final
AsyncHandler<InviteResponse> asyncHandler)

    public Response<InviteResponse> inviteAsync(Invite parameters);

What is that third method with Response<InviteResponse> as the return type ?
Is it an "old" (pre servlet 3) asynchronous API that will rely on
underlying synchronous IO (thus not thread-efficient ?) Looks like
this method is jax-ws compliant since the response type is "import
javax.xml.ws.Response;".

2012/11/13 Gege <gegefr@gmail.com>:
> 2012/11/12 Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org>:
>> Interesting.  In theory, those classes are all provides by the system runtime since
they've been built into the JDK for a long time.   Thus, they should be pulled from there
unless they are either endorsed via the normal endorse mechanisms or something explicitely
sets some sort of parent last class loader and doesn't allow them to pass through.