cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Puro, Jeff (HBO-NS)" <Jeff.P...@hbo.com>
Subject Inconsistent behavior using JAXRS across Tomcat 6.x and Weblogic
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 02:18:27 GMT
I have a web application that has a rest method in it that accepts a POST request and instead
of explicitly defining the @FormParam parameters, I perform a request.getParametersMap() call
in order to get all the passed form parameters. In a normal servlet, this should return all
of the form parameters to my application in a Map, but I'm seeing strange results when running
this under Weblogic versus Tomcat. In Weblogic, it behaves correctly, meaning I am able to
see all of the parameters in the Map, whereas in Tomcat I consistently get 0 parameters back.
Something is very fishy, but maybe it has to do with differences in the servlet api implmenetation
and how CXF works with this. One thing I did notice is that when I explicitly put in a @FormParam("username")
in the method signature, it is then able to parse out the username and it populates the method
argument properly that way, but I'm still unable to access that same parameter via request.getParameter().
Has anyone ever seen this behavior?

I am using CXF 2.2.10.

My REST method without explicit @FormParam mappings looks something like this:

  @POST

  @Path("/user/create/{token}")

  @Consumes("application/x-www-form-urlencoded")

  @Produces("text/plain")

  public int createUser(@PathParam("token") String token) {

    ..

    .

    Map<String,String> parameters = request.getParameterMap();

    // this outputs zero

    logger.info("Request parameters size: "+parameters.size());

  }

My REST method with an explicit @FormParam looks something like this:

  @POST

  @Path("/user/create/{token}")

  @Consumes("application/x-www-form-urlencoded")

  @Produces("text/plain")

  public int createUser(@PathParam("token") String token, @FormParam("username") String username)
{

    ..

    .

    // this outputs the value passed in the http post request correctly

    logger.info("Username: "+username);

    Map<String,String> parameters = request.getParameterMap();

    // this is still zero

    logger.info("Request parameters size: "+parameters.size());

  }

Thanks,

Jeff

This e-mail is intended only for the use of the addressees.  Any copying, forwarding, printing
or other use of this e-mail by persons other than the addressees is not authorized.  This
e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by return e-mail (including
the original message in your reply) and then delete and discard all copies of the e-mail.

Thank you.